From Entertainment to tech to eco-friendly beauty, we go in depth on my favorite things in the June 2016 Review. (Contains affiliate links.)
June 2016 Review / Favorites
Click on the video above to expand the video, or click on the YouTube logo to watch it in YouTube. (Direct link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8mg8ltMt4Q)
Here are the items mentioned in the June 2016 Review (affiliate links below–marked with ††)
Game of Thrones Theory: R + L = J video
- Game of Thrones (HBO): Season six had its up and downs. I wasn’t a fan of some of the episodes, but hooooo boy, episodes 9 and 10 were seriously insane.
- House of Lies (Showtime): Kristen Bell like you’ve never seen her. Don Cheadle is cutthroat and tender all at once.
- DareDevil series (Marvel + Netflix): A blind ninja who cares for the good of a city? Yes please!
- Jessica Jones series (Marvel + Netflix): A film noir take on the conflicted female anti-hero.
- Oh My Ghostess Kdrama (Hulu, DramaFever) (Korean Drama = “Kdrama): The most well shot, cleverly acted, adorable and sad and happy Korean Drama I’ve ever seen. I mean, just beautiful cinematography!
- Adele “Hello” Reggae cover by Conkarah & Rosie
- Love x Style x Life Book – Garance Doré†† (link is to print)
- 5 Minute Journal App | 5 Minute journal (hardback book)
- Final Cut Pro x [30 day Final Cut Pro x free trial]
- Elisharon Crop top: Add them on Instagram and shop their IG: @elisharon_official
- I’m in Love With My Life top by Phases (band)
- Trilogy Rosehip Oil lip balm
- 100% Pure “Purist” Jasmine Green Tea Caffeine Eye Cream. In my opinion, this works much better than the Vanilla Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Creme by 100% pure, which is basically an eye area moisturizer and not much more than that.
- DIY Jasmine Lavender Ylang Ylang Rosewater facial mist: Does anyone want a recipe for this? Because if you are, I’ll be happy to do a video about this! Let a sister know in the comments below!
- DIY Frankincense + Lavender oil booster serum. Balancing, anti-aging, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, healing and calming – all in one? All these things together create an insanely powerful anti-oxidant booster serum. It’s so good, you should add a drop or two to every serum or moisturizer you have. (Okay, that might be over kill.)
- Honest Beauty Primer††
- Honest Beauty Eyebrow Filler†† (black)
- Honest Beauty Luminizing Powder Bronzer†† (Dusk Reflection)
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipstick trio: Gazpacho red (Clean dupe by Ilia – Crimson and Clover††)
- Mychelle Clear Skin Cranberry Cleanser††
- DIY natural baking soda facial exfoliator – The softest, most gentle and AFFORDABLE manual exfoliant on the planet. Baking soda is natural, does not harm oceans, fish, and does not create micro-tears in your skin. As a result, it is THE most eco-friendly and wallet-friendly manual exfoliator you can buy. This is what the business calls a “Win-win”!
M U S I C:
YouTube Audio Library and Apple’s Final Cut Pro iLife audio library
L I N K: https://youtu.be/k8mg8ltMt4Q
Whew! That was insane. In summary: I loved a whole lot of things in the month of June. Most of this is an accumulation from the spring through the summer, and I had quite a few things that didn’t make it on this list. I also have a few items that didn’t work out so well for me, which I’ll have to run down in another blog post. For now, you pretty much have enough to go off of now, don’t you?
What have you been loving this summer? Let me know what you think I should review next and maybe you’ll get a shoutout on a future video! That’s exciting!
ROCK ON, LOVECATS!
Love + light + aloha,
F T C
Obviously, nothing sponsored here. Some affiliate links above, from which I may receive an extremely small commission.
My opinion is 100% honest and my own. I am not responsible for the content of any responses in any format to this video or corresponding blog post. Music is provided by the artists, royalty free via YouTube Audio Library and Apple Final Cut Pro Software (license info here:http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/doc…) and is used under “Fair Use” guidelines.